Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cycle 15, CD 41 (28 DPIUI)

As luck would have it, I already had a therapy appointment scheduled for yesterday. I was sitting on her couch within two hours of receiving Dr. D's phone call. My therapist has a striking resemblance to the famous Zsa Zsa Gabor, so I'll just refer to her as Zsa Zsa from here on out. I recounted my crazy story to her, apparently without using the words: pregnant or miscarriage once. Zsa Zsa called me out on it.

So in an effort to acknowledge what happened, I will say it out loud:

I was 6 week pregnant. I miscarried.

Then I went to the beach. As sad as I was, it's hard not to be introspective at the beach during sunset. By the time I walked home, I was shivering from the cold, relieved to be in my husbands arms, and feeling just a little bit stronger.

I also need to thank you girls. For your comments, and support and words of encouragement, and sympathy. I knew this community was strong when I joined it. I mean, at least that's what I read. But I've felt it now. I'm not sure how else to tell you that it has really meant the world to me without sounding all smooshy. Then again, maybe that's how it should sound.

4 comments:

  1. I am only just catching up on your story now, and I wanted to say that I am just so sorry that you are having to experience this. I hope you can continue to draw strength from this community, or wherever you find it these next few days. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish my therapist looked like Zsa Zsa Garbor! That would make the sessions so much more awesome!

    Embrace the smooshyness, love the smooshyness! Because now I am sending my cheesiest, lovey-doveyist vibes your way. Do you like how many words I made up there? Basically I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be as smooshy as you like, whatever gets you through this rough time. I'm so glad you were able to go talk with your therapist so quickly after getting the awful news. I'm praying for strength and healing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so truly sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete