Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cycle 15, CD 14 (1 DPIUI)

I worked myself into such a frenzy the 4 days leading up to Tuesday. I was absolutely 110% positive that I ovulated. I mean, with all my symptoms, how could I not have? Mike looked at me sideways before we went to bed on Monday night and it made my already sore boobs, hurt more. So when we walked into my clinic yesterday morning, I said, "We need to cancel our IUI". I was that sure of myself.

Since my RE wasn't due in for another 30 minutes, a different doctor [my hero of the morning] who overheard me quickly volunteered to do a quick follicle check. That was exactly what I was hoping for, but didn't feel comfortable directly asking for it. I was totally confident in my self-diagnosis and sure we were going to see gaping holes where my beautiful follicles had been just days before. Because after all, who knows my body better than me?

It didn't take long after I jumped into the stirrups to see the 3 beautiful, round, and huge follicles sitting snugly in my ovaries. You can imagine how I felt like the biggest dolt ever. A dolt with a huge-ass smile on her face. I'd never been so happy to be so wrong.

The kind-RE-that-took-pity-on-me was quick to say that I wasn't wrong to think I'd already ovulated. She explained that with multiple mature follicles comes much more estrogen, which makes any symptoms that much more dramatic. And I guess since I had 3, that made sense. I still felt like an idiot though.

All this means is I had a very successful IUI yesterday. Mike produced a brilliant sample that came in at 22mil post wash (go honey!). I've had some of that mysterious bleeding, but nothing bright red and it's more spotting than full on bleeding. I just hope it doesn't change because I can't take the progesterone until tomorrow.

I'm feeling really good about this cycle; better than I have in a long time. The meds worked. All the appointments [and missed work] were worth it. The money spent was for a good cause. The worry proved unnecessary. The stars are finally aligning. My husband even gave my 'balls of cells' a little pep talk last night. He's never done that before. Although, he could have skipped the part about their mom being overly dramatic.Whateves.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! I'm so glad you were wrong :D With three eggs you've got great odds! I hope the next 2 weeks fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good news!! Wishing you an angst-free TWW (as much as humanly possible anyway!).

    ReplyDelete